16 January, 2007

acrobat ore idiot ??

I was on my way home today, and when i passed the building for the custom service i saw some service people from a known Bergen company, they where repairing the roof after this weekends storm.

unfortunately it doesn't show that well but one of the guys where controlling the lift and the other one was doing some acrobatic exercise on the outside of the man-basket.
All this, ofcourse without any harness ore safety rope.





Hope they get payed allot, because i really don't think any insurance company will cover any bodily injury if they don't use some safety equipment..

4 comments:

--_-- said...

Nice from you to notice what's happening around you!, but u know what it's quite funny for me to know that u see that those ppl were doing a dangerous work cuz they were working in about 12 meters high, here in Egypt ppl work in much worst conditions with being paid less than you can imagine...Thank God that they were working with a lift and a basket(we- here in EG- usually use very old wooden equipments)! :)
BTW i like your new plasma TV ;)

My life in bergen said...

Hi Myra.
In Norway, the rules for safety at work is very strict and to do stuff like this is reason to loose your job.
And the leader can be sentence to fined ore imprisonment.

I love my TV too :-)

--_-- said...

do you know what i'd like you to write more about bergen and your daily life in there as i'm trying to convince my friends that Norway is Great, and they don't want to, anyways wish you a great day!

My life in bergen said...

Hi Myra.

I can put in some photos for you, but now in the winter it's not so much to tell.
It's just work and in the afternoon it's cold and rainy.

But i will try :-)