26 December, 2008

Posting in between..

In between ?, yes we are. Christmas is over and New year is coming.
It has been a while since last posting, and the only excuse i can think of is.. Work, work and no daylight after work.

I hope you all had a merry Christmas and that all your wishes come trough. Our Christmas celebration went very well, for the ones who don't know already . We gathers to eat and open our packages in late afternoon, the 24 of December.
No white Christmas in Bergen, Something has happened. When i was a kid, we had snow for weeks at this time of year.
  
In the morning (09:40) the 24 of December,  Still dark and not so fun to shoot pictures.
  
This last one is taken in the afternoon (16:10) 26 of December, yes it's dark. The shutter was set for 1 sec..
 


At the end.

Norwegian news in English



Photo & Text Copyright 2008 bskaad (my.life.in.bergen@gmail.com). All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing

2 comments:

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

We got more daylight than you. :)

Sun does not get very high in the sky and the shadows are long.

I would love to come up there and see your country. The pictures you take are great and such a beautiful city.

Kyle & Svet

PS: I have slowed down posting also. Just a good time to get other things caught up and with Russian new Years coming. That is the Russian Christmas.

tony said...

Hi... I live in Provincetown, Massachusettes in the USA. It's where the pilgrims landed, not at Plymouth Rock, where all Americans think. I visited Bergen in 1990 with a friend. We were backpacking around Europe for three months and were surprised to find that our Eurorail pass allowed us to take what we considered an exotic trip to Bergen. I am now a massage therapist, and this morning I gave a massage to an 85 year old man. He has been all around the world and told me some wonderful stories. However, he has never visited your wonderful city., so I told him my stories of our trip. I'll tell you one.

My travelling partner, Susan, took a lot of art history in college and was interested in Edvard Munch, so we went to the cabin at the base of the fjord and to the museum. While at the museum, we sat transfixed by a painting of his dying sister. As we studied it, a woman came by with flowing hair. She was wearing a dress that was flowing as well. She was holding the arm of a man and speaking flowingly!!!
She was VERY DRAMATIC , as if she was in a theatrical production. As she passed by us, she waved her free arm out into the air and proclaimed, "Now, I know Munch!"! Susan and I chuckled softly to one another because she was so very dramatic. I will NEVER forget that moment.
I have many other memories of our brief stay and have only recently learned about Nansen.
Please communicate if you wish!