06 February, 2009

Long weekend in winter norway

Yesterday we jumped in the car and drove up to Sandane, to visit my wifes famely. We are going to stay till monday and i'm going back to work on tuseday..
Up her in Sandane it's allot of snow and the temperature is low, and it gives me the opertunety to take some winter motive pictures, i hope..
But lets talk about something else first. Our car a SAAB 93 and it's a fantastic car, run smooth and it gives us all the security and comfort we need, but!!
Nothing last for ever i noticed yesterday that there is something wrong with the cooling system, the valve (thermostat) for the water is not shutting and the temperature is so low when driving.
At least now i know why it is using so much gasoline :-) the usage is up to 1,2 litre pr mile (10 km) and befort it was 0,75 litre.
I have some work to do, when we come home..

Lately I've been working om my new project, a home theater build of a desktop computer running on Linux-Mint and it's working pretty good. There is one problem it's almost not possible to stream TV shows from the Internet.
I've tried everything but i can't make it work, i asked everyone i know but the where no help to get. But there was help to get :-) Kyle from the (Blogspot) world Replied to my call and give me some advice. There is only one thing to say to him, thank you Kyle my Blogspot friend. i haven't installed Wine yet but I'm going too, when i come home.
Hopefully then i can watch streaming TV on my media center..

I don't have any pictures to day, ore maybe i do. 
Just took it with my mobile.
See you later.

At the end.
Norwegian news in English


Photo & Text Copyright 2008 bskaad (my.life.in.bergen@gmail.com). All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing

5 comments:

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

Hey Bskaad,

That is a great picture looks like you are in a valley below the mountains.

Thanks for the link. I have been working on the issue that you mentioned, just let me know when you are back and I will help if you need anything.

1993 SAAB is it turbo? I have owned 4 SAAB in my time and they are the best cars in the world.

Yes if it runs cold you will eat fuel very fast. At least it is stuck in the open position because if it is in the closed position you have plenty of heat real quick. :)

Great article, I am glad you are doing good and have a fantastic weekend.

Kyle & Svet

My life in bergen said...

Hi Kyle.
Yes this place is in between the mountains, it's a narrow wally.

The SAAB 93 is a 2.0L, automatic but no turbo, i wish i took the one with :-)
The thermostat is in open position and the engine get coled down to much all the time.

see you later

Helena said...

What a pretty picture, lookslike great spot to X contry ski. ave a great weekend!

Elindomiel said...

You take really beautiful pictures!
I love this one especially.

My life in bergen said...

Hi, Elindomiel..

Thanks for the nice comment on my posting.
Nice to hear that you like my picture.