05 November, 2008

That's My World - Bergen city

I have had some day of from work and today i vent for a morning walk. It has been a cold but sunny day, and we have been out for two long walks today.

First of all, a picture from my neighborhood. As you can see, the sun is shining..

This next 4 pictures are of a monument for the Norwegian sea trawlers who trough all time since the Vikings, in War and peace had their work and living at sea.
It's a seven meter high monument located at Torgallmenningen. Made by Dyre Vaa (1903-1980) in 1950. Consists of 12 statues and four relief in two heights.

 
  
  
This is a wooden sculpture.
the last few years, the school of art build some sculpture and place it in city
  
This is some other kind of art. 
 
The great son of Bergen.
Ole Bull, if you want to read more about him just hit the link
  
Then we are back to my favorite place. Bryggen (Bergen Harbor) this time i did as you can see, in B/W  
  
When i was down at the  harbor i met these two guys, they where enjoying the morning sun and the morning drink. It looked like something stronger then beer :-)
 

This is a "that's my world" post, if you want to see others.
just klick the link
 As usual i give you some Norwegian news in English


Photo & Text Copyright 2008 bskaad (my.life.in.bergen@gmail.com). All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing

15 comments:

Alien Citizen said...

I love the picture of the two men at the harbor. It's a beautiful picture and very serene.

My life in bergen said...

Hi Alien citzen..

Thanks for the comment on my picture, it's the first time i took picture of strangers, but after asking nicely and they say no problem i took allot of pictures..

Congratulation with the election, i understood from your other comment, that it ended the way you wanted.
Good for you and i think it was the best thing that could happen to USA..

Anonymous said...

Great series and intro to Bergen!
A perfect post for myWorld! ;)
Cheers, Klaus

Richard said...

Your blog has another structure now,showing the roots of Your Viking heritage.Nice work.:)
See my (girl)friend blog
http://www.janine-images.com

My life in bergen said...

Hi klaus.
Thanks for the comment on my post, it helps to read the manual :-)
I really liked the blog your team is running her, and I'll be back.

Hi Richard.
Yes I'll do my best, i was thinking of you when i posted this one. I know you have a thing about Viking's :-)
Your girlfriends blog looked great, i will check it out later..

SaraG said...

Great post and beautiful photo's.
Thanks for sharing your part of the world with us!
Take care

My life in bergen said...

Hi Sara g.

Thank you for the nice comment on my post and pictures.

Anne-Berit said...

Nydelige bilder fra Bergen,likte også det siste bildet veldig godt,det så så ekte ut,på et vis.
Takk for kommentaren på min fotoblogg,velkommen igjen.

Anne-Berit said...

Nydelige bilder fra Bergen,likte også det siste bildet veldig godt,det så så ekte ut,på et vis.
Takk for kommentaren på min fotoblogg,velkommen igjen.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful your World. Thanks for share photo and report.

Louise said...

Terrific, informative post. My favorite is the wooden sculpture!

Richard said...

If U wish to visit Romania,be my guest.I have a special relation with Norske folk,i have many friends in Sandefjord.JOTUN ring a bell?

MaR said...

Great stroll and view of Bergen!! enjoyed your pictures.

Arctic Dakini said...

You have a wonderful eye for the mood of a photo. I would love to come to your city one day.

Marita

My life in bergen said...

Hi Marita (arctic dreamer)

Thanks for the nice comment on my pictures.