19 April, 2009

Bergen pictures, hiking the mount Fløyen

Today we went for a long walk. We started by taking the Fløibanen up to mount Fløyen,  one of the 7 mountains surrounding Bergen. After taking allot of pictures we walked down and on the way we stopped for even more pictures....

Our home is down there some where.
And my workplace is down there :-)
 
This is the note for the Bergen song, i think..
 
A little panorama picture of bergen
 
As i say earlier, we used the Fløibanen up to the top, Fløibanen is a funicular who is taking tourists an the ones who is living in the hill side up and down. This wheel was change some years ago and was the main wheel for running the funicular.
 
We are now allmoust down in city again, and on the way there is a old firestation (Skansen Brannstasjon) overlooking the city.
 

 

Thise one i taken only for Richard, who has a thing about Vikings.
 


At the end.

Norwegian news in English


Photo & Text Copyright 2008 bskaad (my.life.in.bergen@gmail.com). All rights reserved, including reproduction or republishing




Powered by ScribeFire.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

I bet that wheel is very very heavy.

That fire station is neat. Is that a observation tower at the top? Looks like a way to see out over the town.

I would want to stay in the mountains and leave my work place down there. :)

Kyle

My life in bergen said...

Hi Kyle.

Yes thats right, it's a watch tower. it is not in use any more, but it was in use in the old days.

In Bergen we are almost religious about our 7 mountains :-)

Baard

Richard said...

Oh, I am honoured by the pic :). Looks Thor brought the spring in Bergen.

Helena said...

Great Shots! I am house city for a friend and the house is on a hill over looking my city, I will have to take some shots so you can see. Hope everything is going good for you. I bet the priness is doing great!

My life in bergen said...

Hi Helena.
Thanks for the comment on my post.

Everything is going just fine, the princess is growing and getting bigger, she is now 10 months.

I'm looking forward to see the pictures..